Thursday, February 17, 2011

Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter No Drip Hair & Scalp Oil

Hi Y'all!! I got a new product that I wanted to share with you guys.


Cantu Shea Butter's No Drip Hair & Scalp Oil..



My hair tends to get very dry during the winter months. I cannot express how important it is to take care of your natural hair if your wearing a weave or extensions. If you are wearing a "protective style" don't neglect what's underneath!

I recently self-installed, translation I did my own weave/extensions. No I didn't document the process. I will probably never do it again. To the self installers out there BLESS YOUR HEARTS!!! It's not for me. All the braiding, and sewing for hours... My arms were burning my fingers got numb.. Every fiber of my body hurt. I got tired of staring at myself in the mirror. I was isolated from society for like a day and a half. Overall it looks good and will tide me over until I get to see a professional.

Anywho, back to the product review. I purchased this product because I was getting the "Day #2 Itches". My natural hair gets randomly itchy after a new install. I refuse to "pat my weave", I personally think its tacky when done in public.


Cantu Shea Butter- No Drip Hair & Scalp Oil Claims the following on their website.
Cantu® No Drip Nourishing Hair & Scalp Oil is made with pure shea oil, tea tree oil and jojoba oil to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine while conditioning your scalp.

Cantu® No Drip Nourishing Hair & Scalp Oil is for daily use on any type of hair, wet or dry.

Cantu® Shea Butter “No Drip” Hair & Scalp Oil helps…

  • moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil & emollients

  • form a thermal barrier to prevent dryness and split ends

  • protect hair against heat and sun damage



I found the packaging of this product perfect!!! Since it comes in a nozzle type bottle, it is easy to get the product under your extensions to your natural hair easily. The "No Drip" formula is perfect and makes application less messy.

I also use it on my leave out (natural hair left out to cover the tracks), edges and on the back of my hair where I left some hair out. I find it easier to squeeze a bit, like a pea sized amount  (a little goes a long way) on my fingers.


Please don't use this product directly on your extensions if you wear them. They will look like  greasy H.A.M. (Hot A$$ Mess), and you will have to wash it out. Although I have used a little bit on my ends.


I've been using this product for over a week and I really like it.


Pros:

  • Very affordable. I found it in Wal-Mart for $6

  • Good for various hair types

  • No mess due to the no drip formula


Cons:

  • The product tends to separate a little in the bottle and since it's thick you can't shake it.

  • It's very easy to squeeze out a lot of product due to the consistency and you might get a little more than expected.


Rating: Out of 5 ♥'s I give this product-♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
XoXo,

Kendall

0 ♥Say Something♥: