Saturday, August 7, 2010

Take A Ring Off It

Hi Y'all!! Life is funny sometimes.. A year ago I didn't think that today that I'd pack up my crap and drive down 900+ miles to Atlanta, GA... I'll admit it was TOTAL CULTURE SHOCK! When I first got down here I cried and boo-whooed and considered heading back home with my parents.... I decided to give it a chance. It was hard.. I took it day by day and eventually I assimilated & adjusted.

I've had the HARDEST TIME >_< finding a job... I was rejected from 100's of places. I could barely get my foot through the door. I've dealt with scammers  [This one pissed me off the most] who try to take advantage of people like me who are looking for work. Yeah, I put his shady behind on blast and he wrote a rebuttal which he copied and pasted from the handouts passed out at the shady group interview.

My current living situation has changed, as in I'd be homeless by a certain date. I'm not going to go into detail on here about but went down, but I want to thank my blogger dolls, who lent me an ear to cry into and a shoulder to lean on. Y'all are the bestest!!

The way things were going I had no choice but to move home and I was devastated. I really love it down here. I never was a big CT fan and I didn't want to go back, but I didn't have a choice. I had to be realistic. I could stay & live in my car with Chloe and continue to job hunt by using free WiFi in parks and Starbucks to job search, but y'all know that I'm a little bougie and that wasn't going to work. I started to face the facts and I started to box up my belongings to have them shipped home... I really wanted a POD but because it's considered a long distance move those PODS people wanted a lot of money and I would only be able to use a big ass POD because of the distance. I was going to rent a UHaul trailer and drag my crap home but I found out that dragging stuff with a trailer isn't easy and 900+ miles and a 16hr drive would be too much for me to handle alone.

I was all kinds of stank! Then I lost my diamond ring!! My ex gave it to me. I still wear it because it's pretty, no connection to him. Relationships don't always last for ever but diamonds do. I was upset because my finger feels naked without it. The day after I lost my ring, I was packing and sorting my crap and the girl from the Temp Agency called me, and told me that she came across something that would be a great match for me and to go interview at 9:30am the following morning. WHAT??? If I land that job I could stay!!! I wore my best professional outfit, customized my resume specifically for the job description and studied the companies website. I went on the interview and I came out feeling neutral...I had boxes in my car and planned to start shipping stuff home. Five minutes later my phone rings, the girl from the temp agency called and said "You got the job & it starts on Monday!" I said "SHUT UP" (I know real professional right), SHUT UP!!! "Nicole, I told you that if this didn't work out that I was headed back home. I have boxes in my car, I got the job, are you joking with me?? Is this Inception?" Nicole assured me that it wasn't Inception, and that she had the wrong figure for the already great pay rate, it actually pays a little more!!!! Meaning I could STAY!!! Later that day I had a message from another great girl that I met down here who offered me a retail job that was nice but I wouldn't be able to move out on that kind of money. She told me that in a few weeks after I get the swing of my new job and after I move and am settled to call her because she'll have hours for me!!!

I've been job hunting for almost 9 months!!! I was laid off in 2008 and after that I haven't been able to find a full time job. I've gotten by with unemployment and doing some freelance and consulting jobs. My unemployment wont last much longer, and as I'm on my way to start shipping stuff home. I land 1.5 jobs in one day???? Say WHAT!! I prayed hard, and I asked everyone to pray that I wouldn't have to leave and turns out that at the 11th hour that I don't have to leave!!!

I don't consider myself as "religious", I'm more of a spiritual kind of girl, but prayer works. God listened to me and helped me... How do I say thank you?? It's not like I can send a proper thank you not or leave him a message on Facebook.

I'm kinda of a superstitious person... I feel that my luck has been crap. I find it really weird that when I lost my ring and didn't wear it good stuff happened!!! I actually found the ring today... It's staying OFF MY FINGER!!!

I start WORK on Monday!!! *does employment dance*..............

So now I'm apartment searching >_< it's crazy down here, there are so many places to choose from in so many different neighborhoods. I'm meeting with Drew from ProMove tomorrow so he can help me stop the madness. I feel like I need to see every apartment within my budget and it's impossible. I don't want to miss out on a good deal!!!!  *le sigh*

Chloe's sassy behind is good!!! She's getting so big. I miss her baby face. I guess in dog years she's a teenager now. Which probably explains why she has a stank attitude sometimes.


Love Y'all
  Mean It!!!

I'll be updating more. When I thought I had to leave I regretted not blogging as much about my experiences. I know most of the stuff I usually blog about is beauty related but I also want to blog about other topics so one day I can look back at my experiences....



8 ♥Say Something♥:

Stephanie said...

It wasn't Inception! lol you crack me up! I'm so happy for you :) I hope all goes well with the new job!!! I hope Miss Chloe will behave herself while you're at work!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new jobs(s), it must be such a huge weight off your shoulders!

Thanks to the great man upstairs too!

Bombchell said...

super happy your staying :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean discovery thursday will soon be back!! or was it tuesday? lmao

Unknown said...

I'm a lurker but I wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS!! Sometimes you get your blessings when you least expect them.

Fabulously Thrifty said...

OMG this makes me smile so deeply and honestly gives me hope girl! FYI: I'm coming down there on Friday!!

Candy said...

Congrats on the job! I'm also unemployed, its been dang near a year now. I want/need a job so frickin bad.. Three jobs called me yesterday and I been job hunting for a year too, so I agree that prayer works.. (Hope I ain't jinxing the jobs that called.)

MMM said...

YAY!!! GO GOD!!!!

Jay♥Vintage said...

I felt the same way when I moved here 2 years ago. Atlanta is diffinitely something to get used to but I am so glad I moved here! I am glad things are working out for you now:)